[Tweeters] 4 finch days, and hungry hummers

Vicki vickibiltz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 28 18:36:44 PDT 2023

Hello,
So now that the American Goldfinches have returned, we now have 4 kinds of
finches here. 4 Lesser Goldfinches have graced us with regular visitation,
as well as a pair of Purple and House Finches
The hummers are going through (draining my feeders) well over a gallon of
nectar, just this past week.
Anxiously anticipating Evening Grosbeaks in May. I had a Golden- Crowned
sparrow for a day last week. I’ve also had up to 9 Band-Tailed Pigeons, as
well as a 3rd Mourning Dove has joined my pair that frequent under our
feeders.
The Pileated Woodpecker male finally graced us with his presence this past
week, but with the attached forest and wetland, he seems to find us more of
an occasional snacking station. We also have the Hairy and Downy pair, as
well as several busy flickers.
Along with all the year round birds, this place has been hopping!
Happy Birding,
Vicki Biltz

vickibiltz at gmail.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/saw-whets_new/