[Tweeters] Samish Flats - Evening of May 24

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Thu May 25 08:51:54 PDT 2023

Chirp,

Went to the East 90 yesterday. Left house at 6:00 (15 mins away)
and got back after 7:30.

Zip Zero! No Harrier, SEOW, GBH, RTH, or any other large birds.
One duck of some kind flew in and landed - but no other ducks and
no Dunlins or other shorebirds.

A few RWB (10?), a few sparrows (6?), and a few starlings and
that was it. A farmer was running his tractor in the field just
South of the corner and there were a few crows/ravens (too far)
catching insects stirred up by the discing.

Nice light but I didn't even take the camera out of the case ... :-(
Yes, I was scanning the distance with binoculars. At least I had
the place to myself ... no wonder.
- Jim