[Tweeters] Upcoming Bird Programs from North Cascades Institute

krothnelson at yahoo.com krothnelson at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 16:20:39 PDT 2023

Hi there,
North Cascades Institute has two upcoming bird programs that I think some of you will be interested in:
- Birds of the North Cascades (Online Class)
- Wednesday, November 8 from 6:00 to 7:15 PM
- Take flight with North Cascades National Park Interpretive Ranger, Chris Williams, and explore the world of birds of the North Cascades. Learn about one of the most biodiverse national parks and the birds that call it home. Who lives here? Who migrates through? Where are some of the best places to look for these feathered friends?
- It's only $10 to attend and you can sign up here
- If you can't make this specific time, you can still register and receive a recording of the class to watch on your own time.

- Skagit Valley Winter Birding (In-person Field Excursion)

- Saturday, December 2 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Join local birdwatching extraordinaire Libby Mills for a informative and educational field excursion to the Skagit Valley. Survey the area’s profound bird life, with a focus on raptors, wintering waterfowl, upland, and shorebirds, as well as the relationships that bring these various species together in this particular place. By the end of the day, you’ll have gained strategies for identifying local birds so you can continue to explore the Skagit’s wild bounty on your own time.
- The program is $125 to attend and you can sign up here
- Information about scholarships and discounts can be found here

- There are many other programs that you all might enjoy including classes focusing on art and geology. Learn more: ncascades.org/signup/programs

- And we will be launching our 2024 classes very soon, so please consider signing up for our monthly eNewsletter Field Notes to be the first to learn when new programs are announced and open for registration.
Cheers,
Kim Nelson